Friday, June 19, 2009

BINC Bioinformatics Exam question papers

der will be having 11 first round
10 2nd round
2 3rd round questions
all d best

I am new to the Perl World. I qualified the BINC first paper but I was dead in the third paper because I do not know Perl programming (Any programming). Now I am trying to learn myself so I have even got it installed on my system (Win XP) got checked it (by typing “perl –v” on command prompt) and trying simple program e.g. “Welcome to Perl world” typed on notepad and saved with the .pl extension now the problem is that I am unable/ don’t know exactly how to execute the program.

Therefore, I shall be thankful to you people if you kindly let me know with example of simple program how exactly the program is run or executed.

Ever remain grateful,


1) Write ur perl program in a notepad and save it with a .pl extension in any drive (preferably in a folder).
2) Open the command promt, change the path to that particular folder, where ur program lies.
3) Then type: perl myprogram.pl

5 comments:

  1. you have to just type the path for the perl file you want to execute in command promt.
    eg. C:\perlfile\welcome.pl
    welcome.pl is the perl file that you saved in the perlfile folder in C: drive..

    ReplyDelete
  2. do u remember what type of practical questions where given to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. can u tell me what type of practical questions were asked from u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it so tough??? how u prepared for the entrance??

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey friendz i got a great place to get all info on Biotech entrance exam - www.way2biotech.com

    ReplyDelete